I just got back from a short visit with Bridget in the ICU! After saying goodbye to her at 7:15 am, and patiently waiting through 6 hours of surgery and 2 hours of recovery, I finally got to see my sweetheart. There are only two people allowed at a time in the room, so right now Sheila and Jon (Bridget's brother, who just arrived moments ago from Eugene) are in there now while I write this update.
Bridget is pretty out of it, but looking good! All vitals are normal and healthy and she is able to talk (though again, still coming off the anesthesia, so not particularly talkative). She has all of her movement abilities, which is a huge relief. Currently, she has some numbness down her right side, including her face. She also has some very slight weakness on her left side, and is reporting some double vision (not with each single eye, but when both eyes are working together). I don't want anyone out there to worry about these symptoms: they are to be expected after this kind of surgery, and most likely will improve rapidly and disappear in the next few days. Only time will tell which symptoms might stick around for longer. So, in short, she's doing good!
I had a very quick chat with the doctor, and he told me that they found exactly what they expected in there, and promptly removed it. He is confident that it is all gone, but future scans will be needed to be 100% sure.
So, to all of you who were beaming positive thoughts and prayers Bridget's way today, it seems they were well received! If you haven't exhausted all of your good wish resources, send some more for a speedy and healthy recovery :)
It also looks like I get to spend the night with Bridget in the Neuro ICU, which is super great. I'll post when anything significant happens this evening, or if I procure any more useful information!
WE MADE IT!!!
Love to all.
So, so, so glad to hear!!! You guys are doing great!
ReplyDeleteYay is right! Glad things went well with the surgery. I'm sure you will all sleep well tonight after such a long day.
ReplyDeleteYAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! How relieved you all must be...glad to hear things went well.
ReplyDeleteYay indeed! Will keep praying!
ReplyDeletesmile smile SMILE
ReplyDeleteSO glad to hear this. I'm so glad she's doing well, and I'm so glad she has you there to help her through this. What a lucky gal :)
ReplyDelete