Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Surgery Day

Hi all,

Bridget, Sheila (Bridget's Mom) and I got up nice and early this morning, and arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am. Bridget was very nervous, but ready to get this darn thing over with.

Here is a photo of Bridget is the Pre-Pre-Op area:



Doesn't she look cute in her pigtails? The surgery soap she had to use last night and this morning does wonders for your hair, so the braids were an attempt to keep tangling to a minimum.

Only one of us was allowed in the Pre-Pre-Op area with Bridget, so Sheila said goodbye and I headed back there with her. I stayed with her while she got some blood drawn, confirmed her identity several times, got some blood drawn, and all that jazz. We also did a little crossword to keep distracted. At around 7:15, they wheeled her out of the Pre-Pre-Op area to go to the real Pre-Op area. I was not allowed to join her there, so I said my goodbyes then.

Sheila and I are now waiting for the surgery to be over, sometime around 12:00-1:00 pm or so. At this point, the surgery has probably been underway for about an hour. We are both pretty nervous, but keep reminding each other that everything is going to be OK. And it will! That much is certain.

More updates later!

No comments:

Post a Comment