I write with renewed energy and enthusiasm!
When I arrived this morning the physical therapist was here to evaluate Bridget. He was impressed by her continued improvements in sensation and proprioception. The sensation in Bridget's right arm is returning distally rather than proximally - hand rather than upper arm - which is of more use to Bridget for the time being anyhow.
When I started this post, Bridget was still in the NCCU. But we just got word that she's being sent up to a regular care room! So, for those of you who were dying to send Bridget flowers, they can now be sent to her, to room number 517.
Bridget also had a CT scan (at 2:30 am this morning!) which indicated that her ventricles are now smaller. Thus, the brain's usual drainage system appears to be functioning properly again. This is a HUGE positive, and means the swelling could reduce even more in the near future.
Bridget will also be getting an MRI at 4:00 today, to check up on . The CT scan doesn't indicate anything concerning, but the MRI can provide significantly more detail. Let's hope that shows good things too.
Unfortunately for Bridget she is experiencing a migraine today :( There are few things worse than having a migraine while there's still a hole in your head healing! But she's been given some good pain meds for it, and can hopefully sleep through it.
I also want everyone to know that even though I haven't been responding to comments on each post, I do read them and really appreciate them. And I pass along all of them along to Bridget!
Hooray for a regular care room!! Such great news about the reduced swelling! Tell Bridget that I went to Fancy Tiger yesterday and used the card you guys gave me - I got glorious things to show her when I see her.
ReplyDeleteHugs all around!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFantastic news! I hope the new room features less beeping and wires. (I imagined beeping things in the NCCU...maybe that's not accurate?) Continued good wishes...
ReplyDeleteHuzzah!! That's great news about the shrinking verticals and room change! Continued positive progressions! I'm sorry to hear about the migraine---those are the worst! Sleep is a great cure for those bastards, though and it sounds like that will be much easier in non-nccu environs:) Go Bridget, go!
ReplyDeleteYay Bridget! Thanks so much for keeping us updated... I imagine Bridget is into a bit of the drudgery of healing. Over the initial fears of worst case scenario, into the business of healing, which can be oh so slow. Here's hoping she can find some good TV shows. You guys rock, I'm glad things continue to go well.
ReplyDelete