Good morning! (a quick side note: sleeping in the ICU is a little rough, but definitely worth it!)
A whole gaggle of doctors came in for rounds a little while ago, to check up on Bridget. They are all pretty impressed with how she's doing! She still has all of the symptoms she had yesterday, but some are morphing a bit. The numbness on her right side has changed - her right facial numbness has improved a bit, but her right arm and leg are still very numb (she can only barely feel a very strong squeeze to those). I'm not sure if she's still slightly weak with her left arm and leg, but the doctors didn't mention anything when they came by. Her double vision is still there, and she has a little trouble looking all the way to her left. Her speech is a little slurred - I wasn't sure yesterday whether that was just her drowsiness or a new symptom, but it seems maybe to be the latter. A speech pathologist is coming sometime this morning to do a full check-up on Bridget, and make sure her swallowing is good. If so, she'll be able to eat some kind of food today. She had a few bits of ice this morning and that was semi-successful, but we'll just have to wait and see. Her nausea has been much better lately - she has been vomit-free for about 3 hours now (a huge improvement from last night).
But again, all of current symptoms could disappear once the swelling reduces in her brain and she continues to heal.
Dr. Newell (her neurosurgeon) just came by, and decided she should stay in the ICU for one more day, just to be sure. But I think soon she'll be into her own recovery room soon enough!
OK, time for some breakfast! I probably won't update again until this evening.
Love to all!
I'm so glad you are there to take care of my sister! I'll talk to my mom soon, but I appreciate the detailed updates and pictures. Love to both of you *Klem*
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates, Jeph. It's reassuring to hear all this. I hope she graduates soon from ice to food.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping us all in the loop, Jeff. Glad to hear you got to spend the night close by her side, and also good to hear it sounds like you guys should be headed to some more restful environs before too long. Best wishes to you guys!!!
ReplyDelete