Wednesday, August 1, 2012

HOME!

Discharge complete! Bridget and I left the hospital today at around 10:00. The drive was very smooth and did not increase Bridget's vertigo, which was another sign of her continued improvement.

Being home has been both wonderful and difficult. Bridget is very happy to be home, and to see her kitties, and to be out of the hospital. However, it is also really hard making that transition. Our house, and especially our bathroom, are not ideally designed for people with mobility issues, which makes trips to the bathroom pretty exhausting. In some ways coming home has made her her realize just how much has changed since this surgery, and how much farther she has to go, recovery-wise. So it's been a pretty emotional day, both in happy and sad ways.

But I know, and you all know, that she is going to get better and better and stronger and stronger every day.

You should all know that Bridget regularly checks her email these days as well. So please feel free to write and send her well wishes directly!

OK, time to go. But I'll leave you with a picture of Bridget with one of her two new therapists:


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you both are home together now, despite the hard parts that seem to go along with it. You've made it through so much up to this point, I'm sure you'll figure out how to make things keep working. We're so excited to see you tomorrow!!!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting home, Bridget! I love your new furry therapy team. You have made so much progress, it's truly amazing, and although changing environments of course means another learning curve, you're going to face all this change with your steadfast determination, good humor, and grace. Go you! Excited for the Eugene reunion this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete