Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bridget in Eugene

Hello everyone, Bridget here, writing a blog post from Eugene using voice recognition software called Dragon. Typing is still painfully slow, and the software isn't perfect but it helps. I left Seattle yesterday, and Jeff left this morning. Jeff is driving with the two kitties, and will arrive in Regina on the ninth. As of lunchtime today he says that the drive is going well, and the kitties are not having too hard a time with the drive. I'm glad to be out of the hospital, and at the same time it's hard adjusting to new places. The house here in Eugene is set up better for me than the house Seattle was. I can get around here without going up and down any stairs, and  the doorways are wide enough to get the wheelchair through. Today I have had fairly good energy and even went out shopping at Fred Meyer. A couple of weeks ago I would never have been able to do that. I've come a long way, and being out of the hospital also reminds me how long I have yet to come.

Our last few days in Seattle we had many visitors, and said goodbye to many people. It was a hectic few days after getting out of the hospital but it was good to see so many friends. Two days after getting out of the hospital I also had a brain scan, and follow-up appointment with neurosurgery. Everything looks as it should  on my brain scan, and they are happy that I'm continuing to make progress. They say I could continue recovering for up to two years. I have a long road ahead, but I'm glad to know that I will keep getting better and that there is a long window for me to recover functioning.

Jeff and I will continue to post occasionally on this blog with updates. Thanks to everyone for all the support you have been sending. I have greatly appreciated all the cards, candy, e-mails, and other things people have sent me. It has made my recovery much easier knowing that I am well supported.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you don't have to train your Dragon for too long and that you can type again soon...on the other hand, maybe Dragon will become super-obedient, and you'll use him/her for work even when typing is possible. Can your Dragon also breathe fire? That would be awesome!!! So good to see you before you defect!!!! Good luck with the preparations and the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you are the author of this post, Bridget! Glad to hear you made it down to Eugene fine, and that the set up is easier to navigate down there:) It was so fun to get to you and Jeff your last weekend in town-- thanks for being such fun, gracious hosts to everyone despite the myriad tasks you were both juggling. The Seattle contingent will miss you both so much, but I'm already looking forward to an April reunion, and a Montana meet up bananza:) Enjoy your week in Eugene, and send us all your new address when you get a chance so we can christen your Regina mail box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying Eugene, and that you have a smooth trip to your new home. Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bridget,
    Just a note to say that I am thinking of you here in Seattle. Thanks so much for updating the blog, and keeping us apprised of your doings. Let me know if you'd like to Skype sometime soon! :)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete